Thursday 14 July 2011

The Santander British Grand Prix 2011

Sorry I have been MIA for most of this week! I've been back at work and trying to catch up on some sleep after a crazy, busy, exciting and thrilling weekend! The British Grand Prix did not disappoint this year, and even the rain couldn't dampen the mood of anyone! It may have involved a 3am start on Saturday morning, but it was worth ever minute of lost sleep, to  watch the F1 cars flying around the track at Silverstone!

I even convinced my dad we had to do the helicopter flight around the track this year, after failed attempts to get him on one last year! Excitement turned to fear as I was waiting, I'm not the best flyer in the world, but as soon as I sat down in my seat and got strapped in the fear was left way down  back on the ground! Once back down safely I stood less than 20 feet away from Jensen Button and Lewis Hamilton, before having a peek up in the new international pits grandstand!

Sunday was another early start as we set up our seats on the grass in front of Vale and settled down to enjoy some food and the Red Arrows display in the rain before the race! I didn't sit down for the 52 flying laps of the race, all the action kept me up out of my seat as Lewis Hamilton tore around the track in his chase to make a podium finish! Unfortunately he finished fourth, but he did Britain proud and no one can say that he doesn't chase down what he dreams of! It was a well deserved win for Ferrari's Fernando Alonso, and of course the Red Bull's of Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber are no strangers to crossing the finishing line for a podium finish!

We then invaded the track with thousands of other fans to snap pictures on pole position and all the team garages where all the hard work and preparation takes place in those vital minutes before taking to the track! I also got a glimpse of Jake Humphrey, David Coulthard and Eddie Jordon as they filmed for the BBC but I need to grow a few feet taller as my attempt to get a photograph of them was blocked by other adorning fans and TV cameramen!

I didn't want to leave the buzz and the passion that was in Silverstone that day but, reality calls and so it was back on the bus for a long drive home and the wait begins until next July, when I hope to be right in the middle of all the action again!

Qualifying
Helicopter Flight
Take Off
Up, Up & Away
The New Wing
I wonder how many tyres they go through in a weekend?
Jensen & Lewis
Drivers Parade on Race Day
The Red Arrows
Race Time
Winner!!!
Somewhere in there were Jake, DC & EJ
Just hanging out on pole position
Garages!
Current World Champion
Packing Up
Until 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)