Thursday 9 August 2012

Recent Vintage Purchases

This past weekend was like a treasure hunt for adults! I went to a different  vintage fair on each day and both of them were filled to the brim with antiques, sparkle and clothing galore! I saw so many pieces I loved but I was very restrained and only purchased pieces I fell head over heels for!


This turquoise and cream crochet duchess set was one of the first things I found buried under  a lot of plain cream and white lace ones! I'm not sure where I am going to use these yet but I'll find them a home!



This pink coat was my favourite find of the weekend! I had been in love with a similar one from Zara and was waiting for it to go on sale but when it did it was no where to be found! This coat jumped out from the rails and looks almost new! It was from the 50's/60's and I can't help but feel a little bit like Elle Woods in Legally Blonde when I put this on! It's perfect for over dresses and when it gets colder I'll be throwing it on over jeans!


On Sunday there were even more rails, chests and stands to hunt throw but after finding my coat nothing seemed quite as fabulous to me! I did come home with some sparkles to add to the collection! 



14 comments:

  1. That brooch is so pretty. I love sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you come home we can go and hunt for some more!

      Delete
  2. you got such great pieces! I love the coat especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i love the pink coat! that would look great with gold buttons!

    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have thought of putting gold buttons on it, that would look so adorable!

      Delete
  4. nice purchases! i'm in love with the brooch and that pretty coat!

    do you want to follow each other (on bloglovin' and gfc)? let me know.
    see you around! xx

    www.apossiblefantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun finds. We love that coat!

    xx The Sunkissed Sisters

    www.etsy.com/shop/sunkissedsisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make me wanna go shopping with you and try to find such great vintage stuff!
    I love the coat! I bet this is going to be your favorite new fall coat! hehe!

    xoxo

    Rafaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to go shopping together one day :)

      Delete
  7. Nice finds! The coat is fabulous in deed. I've never heard the term duchess set but I love the one you found. :)

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd never heard the term either but my mum told me that's what they use to call them when I got home!

      Delete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)