Tuesday 5 March 2013

DIY Project: A Tiny Table

I had been after a little table for my room where I could display some of my current favourite things. My mum found this dark wood one for just £3 at a sale and it was perfect for my first furniture painting project.

I was originally going to paint it pale green but decided to use some paint we already had!

After some sanding and a coat of primer, it took 3 coats on paint to cover the table and then I just glued some paper I found to the top with craft glue and sealed it with four coats of varnish!

In all this table cost me less than £10 and I just adore the way it turned out, I am totally inspired to painting something bigger next time.






Has anyone else painted any old pieces of furniture they've found? I'd love to see some other pieces for inspiration! I am a big fan of Holly's Blog, In The Fun Lane, for ideas, she has a dream home! 

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this DIY. The paper you chose for the tabletop is perfect!
    xL

    Check out our NiftyThrifty coat giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the paper is my favourite part of it!

      Delete
  2. wow I am so impressed, I really want to do this!! you should make more of these and sell them - turned out amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)