Tuesday 6 August 2013

Jo Malone - A Fragrance Combing Experience


Whilst I was in Windsor, I took the chance to stop by the Jo Malone store in hopes of smelling their up coming fragrance, Peony & Blush Suede. I had never smelt any of the Jo Malone fragrances before but I had heard plenty about them. There was such an over whelming selection to chose from I didn't know where to start.

Luckily I was greeted by a lovely lady ( I think her name was Carlene) who helped me pick out the perfect scent and introduced me to Fragrance Combining. I took a seat at the 'Tasting Bar' where I was asked what sort of scents and flavours I liked. I'm not very good at describing things but I had said I liked fresh, fruity, floral smells! From there Carlene picked out some fragrances for me try based on what I had told her. It was so interesting to see how in some scents I would pick out the berry aromas, whilst my mum picked out the herbs in the scent straight away, everyones senses are different. The Fragrance Combining is where it got interesting. Some of the fragrances I sampled, I liked but I personally wouldn't wear, so how about layering it with something else? Some of the fragrances were completely unrecognisable when paired with another and I loved that it means you can create your own perfect truly individual scent.

I was treated to a hand and arm massage and I decided to layer the two scents my senses had liked the most which turned out to be English Pear & Freesia and Nectarine Blossom & Honey. I ended up coming home with the Nectarine Blossom & Honey, I just fell for the strong peach smell as soon as it was sprayed, it's one of my favourite fruits! I love the idea of layering scents though and I can't wait to pick up some more to add to my collection and play perfumer! It was such an indulgent way to spend my morning, I can't recommend stopping by the Windsor store enough.

Oh if you're wondering I did get to smell the new Peony scent, Carlene was wearing it. I can't wait to get my hands on a  bottle when it's released in September!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I am loving all these scents... I think to get my hands on one :)

    Abby
    Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. love her stuff!

    xx
    Staci
    www.leatherandleops.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)