Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Perfect Apple Pie


I'm checking off the first thing on The Glitter Guide's Fall To Do List - Master Making an Apple Pie.

I picked up some apples from the farmer's market and went to work! I wanted to make a spelt pastry crust and after a quick search I decided to go with this whole apple pie recipe. The only thing I did different was the top of the pie because I didn't want the whole top of my pie to be closed in. So instead I did an open top pie but I used pastry leaves and a little squirrel instead of a more traditional lattice topping. I loved that it gave my pie a perfectly autumnal feel and it was a huge hit with my whole family.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks amazing, so beautifully presented, and such a great autumn dish :) I want to make one now!
    Charlotte x
    La Vie en Gâteaux

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so good. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cute and creative! i love your blog and style
    xox
    taliaamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is adorable!:) Love the leaves cut out! All turned out perfectly.:)

    www.offtheshelftheblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great jog u did, the top is actually what makes the pretty of it!!

    http://strawberryleopard.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so yummy Stacey! The leaf detail is so pretty :)

    xoxo,
    E
    refined couture 

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness, this is seriously the cutest thing ever and it looks AMAZING. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)