Tuesday 14 April 2015

Rainbow Sprinkle Marshmallow Cookies



There's something about rainbow sprinkles that can instantly make me happy on a day when I am feeling down, so when I saw this recipe pop up in my Facebook news feed one evening I added baking them on to my To Do List for the weekend!

You might want to read the recipe all the way through before starting because I didn't realise I had to leave the dough over night to chill and I had to wait a little longer to fulfil my cookie craving. I also made my dough balls a little bit too big so the cookies came out huge, so either use smaller balls or add more marshmallows to that top if you like ginormous cookies, experimenting is the fun part of baking! 


Recipe via LaurenConrad.com


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup shortening
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
  • 1 Tbsp. clear imitation vanilla (I use McCormick’s)
  • 1 and 3/4 cup flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • ½ tsp. salt
  • 1 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus more for sprinkling
  • ½ cup mini marshmallows
Method:
  1. Combine shortening and both sugars in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Cream the shortening and sugars together until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk and mix until combined.
  2. In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Then add in your sprinkles. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight.
  3. With a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, scoop out your cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Then, take 2 mini marshmallows and add them to the inside of each cookie, making sure to fully cover the mallows with the cookie dough.
  4. Place dough balls about 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet, because they will spread out in the oven. Then top each cookie with a few mini marshmallows.
  5. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes. You want the outer edges to be crispy, but the middle to still be soft and gooey.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)