Tuesday 7 July 2015

Kate Somerville Blemish Banisher Kit Review




During one of Sephora's Friends & Family Sales I decided to pick up the Kate Somerville Blemish Banister Kit. I have used the  original ExfoliKate in the past and would buy it again in a heartbeat. These travel size kits are a great way to try a new range of products, especially when the full size ones have bigger price tags. As always the moisturiser in these kits is the first thing to be used up and the cleanser lasted around three months. 

Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer - This moisturiser was super lightweight and felt beautiful on my skin and worked well with my make up. However I didn't find that it kept my skin hydrated all day, I started using this when the weather was still pretty cold and harsh and with walking to and from work each day it just wasn't enough hydration for my skin. I think it would work better for me in the warmer months, but with the price tag I don't think I would repurchase this.

Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser - I really liked this cleanser, it had a nice scent to it and although it could be a little drying I found it fine to use twice a day. It left my skin feeling fresh and soft and I had a lot less breakouts whilst I was using this. 

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Acne - These little tubes go along way. I still have plenty of this left and I normally use it twice a week if I remember. This treatment feels slightly kinder to my skin than the original ExfoliKate, but both leave my skin feeler extra smooth and looking clearer instantly and if I had any breakouts on the way this definitely helps to stop it in tracks. It's a bit a splurge product with the price tag but I would buy this again during a sale, as for the original or the acne version, I would probably go for the original for my skin personally. 

Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment - This overnight treatment is very similar to the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion which I have used in the past but is lightly more expensive  ($17 vs $24).  They both work in the same way and both help dry up nasty spots within a couple of days. I don't find the smell that nasty but I know some people will find it overpowering. I found the EradiKate seemed to work slightly quicker for me but was also slightly more drying on my skin. For me it is a coin toss on which one I would repurchase but I would keep bottle of either in my bathroom at all times because they really do help clear up breakouts super quickly.

Kate Somerville's products aren't in my normal price range but I would love to try more products from her line because I do think that they actually work and I would happily spend a little extra on those treatment products as I know they work for my skin now.

SHOP THE POST


1 comment:

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)