Wednesday 24 August 2016

DIY Marble Coasters


I love anything marbled, and I think some marble accessories are the perfect accent piece in the home! These DIY marble coasters can take under 10 minutes and they look far more expensive than they cost to make! 


You Will Need:

Coasters - I found some white wooden ones but you could always paint some plain wooden ones 

Paint (optional see above) - I would recommend Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for minimal prep time. 


Craft Knife or Scissors 


Start by painting your coasters if you need/want to and and then it is as easy as drawing around your coaster and cutting out the paper with scissors or using a craft knife to cut straight around the coaster. Then peel off the backing paper and carefully stick onto the coasters, making sure to smooth out any air bubbles as you go! 
 I found these coasters on sale so these totalled less than £3 to make! They are perfect on a wooden coffee table, and I'm using them as bases for some of my candles too! 
You'll have plenty of marble paper left to use up, you could marble a frame like I did here, use it to line drawers or even to make a marble top effect table!  
Have you used marble paper for any DIY projects? I'd love to hear all your ideas in the comments! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)