Monday 7 May 2018

April Favourites



I'm a little late posting my April favourites, but better late than never! 
April was such a fun month with Easter, our trip to Venice and our living room finally taking shape after being decorated whilst we were away! So let's jump into what I was loving in April......

Galaxy Golden Eggs

We still have some Easter chocolate left in the house, and it's mainly because I went and stocked up on some of my favourites when they went on sale (I even bought a bunch of Lindt Easter goodies in Venice). These Galaxy Golden Eggs became a love of mine last year, these mix Galaxy chocolate with a little crunch and a dusting of gold. I especially liked these little treat sized bags as they stopped me eating a whole big bag of these in one go haha! 


We took our first trip of the year in April and I always travel with these Truffle pouches. I have had mine for a few years and they are always coming out with new colour combinations, so I don't think you can get these exact ones anymore but they have some fun colours to choose from right now! 
These are perfect for in your carry on to keep everything organised. I use the small one to keep all my liquids in so going throughs security is a breeze and then I tend to keep all my important documents in the larger one. They're so easy to grab out of you bag when you're in a hurry.  


Our new sofa arrived in April too and I had been looking for some throw pillows for Spring. I've always found the cutest affordable home pieces at H&M Home so I checked out their website and found a whole bunch and they were on sale at the time too, even better! I didn't keep all go the ones I ordered but I love that they have free delivery and returns so I could see the colours against our sofa in person. I've gone for a blue and pink theme for the Spring and I plan to change the cushions up every season.  


I've already raved about these jeans on the blog so you already knew they were a favourite but I got so much wear out of them in April. The weather had been pretty cold and rainy so I was living in jeans and striped tees last month. They are the comfiest jeans ever and are perfect for travel too, they are so soft and stretchy, there is no worry that these will dig in during your plane ride. They are quite a thin fabric for jeans so they aren't the warmest but that makes them good for those cooler Spring and Summer days. I am thinking of picking then up in a lighter wash because I have been reaching for them so much. 

Waitrose Cat Mug & Cake made by my Sister

I love love love this mug! I had seen it on Instagram and had tagged my friend who lives by a Waitrose saying I needed to come and visit so I could pick one of these up and then she went and surprised me with one for Easter, I have the sweetest friends. I have been drinking my hot water and lemon in this as I'm not really a tea drinker. Another favourite which just so happens to match my mug is the super adorable mini cake my little sister made! Isn't she so talented?! It's almost too pretty to eat. 


I had been on a shopping ban for Lent and I surprisingly didn't really miss being able to purchase new items for my closet. When Lent ended I did snap up this bag that I had had my eye on as it was on sale for 40% off. I loved the black circle bag I had last year and had been looking for a neutral one but wanted an affordable one. This one is a great size and quality and a fraction of the price of a similar designer one. The only thing I don't overly love about the bag is that the longer strap is a canvas, I wish it had been a faux leather but it is a comfy strap to carry the bag with so I am learning to love it. 

Venice

How could anyone not fall in love with Venice? It was my first time visiting the city and it didn't disappoint. I'll be sharing more on what we did and where we stayed in a blog post soon, but as it was my highlight of April so I felt it deserved a spot in my April Faves. 

Italian Leather Bag 

I saved my most favourite until last! Unfortunately I can't link this one and if you want one you'll have to take a trip to Italy, not that this is a bad thing hehe! There were so many leather shops in Venice and I had spotted this bag on the first day of our trip and had to go back and get it before I left. I had been looking for a pale blue bag for Spring since I have so much blue and white in my closet. This one is a lovely coated Italian leather with a gold cross body strap that can be doubled up so it can be worn on the shoulder, or you can remove it and carry it as a clutch. It's a really similar style to my pink Miu Miu bag but this one was a lot more affordable but is such a good quality for the price, I am slightly regretting not picking it up in another colour too. Oh well maybe I will just have to go back so I can get another one! 


What has everyone else been loving this Spring?! 


SHOP MY FAVES









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comments, they always make me smile :)